At least 25 people were killed and 30 got injured after two suicide bomb attacks Thursday at a military base and a plant run by French nuclear giant Areva in northern Niger, reported Xinhua. A total of 20 Nigerien soldiers and 5 assailants died in twin suicide attacks against a military barracks in Agadez, the main town in northern Niger, and another one at a factory owned by Somair, a ...
A Londoner of Nigerian descent was identified Thursday as one of the two suspects who decapitated a British soldier. The terror strike prompted Prime Minister David Cameron to go into a huddle with top officials and the military put in place additional security measures. Michael Adebolajo, a 28-year-old Londoner of Nigerian descent, is one of the two suspects who hacked to death the British ...
Michael Adebolajo, a 28-year-old Londoner of Nigerian descent, is one of the two suspects who hacked to death a British soldier in London, a media report said Thursday. The two terror suspects are being held under armed guard at hospitals in London and one of them has been named by Sky News sources as Adebolajo. The vicious attack on the soldier took place Wednesday in Woolwich, southeast ...
India wants increased partnership with Nigeria in education through institutional cooperation, content development, faculty exchange and joint ventures that would enhance the West African country's human resource devlopment, according to Indian High Commissioner Mahesh Sachdev. "Bilateral cooperation in education has had a proud history and remains a priority. A generation of Nigerians have ...
ABUJA -- Aid organization Doctors Without Borders says it has suspended emergency health care in Borno State, Nigeria, - the heart of an insurgency now under assault by government troops. The decision comes after five gunmen hijacked an aid vehicle on Saturday. A couple of weeks ago, Doctors without Borders moved into Baga, a town where thousands of homes were burnt to the ground and hundreds ...
The Hours [DVD]
Starring a trio of well-respected actresses and based on a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, The Hours is pure Oscar-bait; it wears its hearty ambitions on its sleeve, but never convinces that its about anything much beyond its own morbidity. There are two suicides, one suicide attempt, several emotional breakdowns, a couple of sexually confused kisses, plenty of familial tensionsbasically, al ... ...
PARIS // The French president, Francois Hollande, vowed yesterday to help Niger "destroy" the militants who launched deadly attacks against a military base and a French-run uranium mine in the west African country. Suicide bombers in Niger detonated two car bombs simultaneously yesterday, one in a military camp in the city of Agadez and another in the town of Arlit inside a ...
An Islamist group has claimed responsibility for bombings in Niger, for the west African nation's involvement in a French-led military offensive in ...
By SaharaReporters, New York Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO), an Islamic group which claims to be committed to the enforcement of Shariah law in West Africa, has claimed responsibility for a twin suicide bombing attack this morning at the Nigerian/Niger border in which over 20 Nigerien soldiers were killed. A journalist in transit in the area told SaharaReporters that the ...
Nigeria's technical director Shaibu Amodu insists that the Super Eagles' main target should be qualifying for the 2014 World Cup, rather than trying to win next month's Confederations Cup. The African Champions will face Tahiti, Uruguay and Spain in Brazil in the June tournament which doubles as preparation for the South American country for the hosting of next year's ...
bond market in 2016 as an alternative source of funding for their joint venture. "The challenge of today is that a lot of people are going into the bank market, and the avenue is being crowded, making it difficult for us to obtain sufficient funding," Mobil Producing Nigeria's Chief Financial Officer Segun Banwo said in ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
At least 25 people were killed and 30 got injured after two suicide bomb attacks Thursday at a military base and a plant run by French nuclear giant Areva in northern Niger, reported Xinhua.
A total of 20 Nigerien soldiers and 5 assailants died in twin suicide attacks against a military barracks in Agadez, the main town in northern Niger, and another one at a factory owned by Somair, a subsidiary of the French group Areva in Arlit in the same region.
The attacks were announced Thursday morning by Niger's National Defence Minister Karidjo Mahamadou who issued a press statement.
There were also 30 people - 16 soldiers and 14 civilians - who were injured, a source said.
"At around 5:30 a.m, two groups of individuals armed with explosives on board Toyota 4x4, simultaneously drove into the Agadez military barracks and the factory of Somair mining company in Arlit with a firm determination to carry out attacks," as per the statement from the defence minister.
"These terrorist attacks carried out by the suicide-bombers were contained by our soldiers who, despite the heavy loss, managed to neutralize the assailants some of whom decided to blow themselves up," the minister said in the statement. ...
- Retiring Kirsten hopes to go out with a bang with Proteas Champions Trophy win
- Proteas back Steyn to be better than more skillful Anderson
- South African MP says Prez Zuma root cause of Guptagate
- Hamid Ansari to represent India at 50th African Union Summit in Ethiopia
- International community must help Darfur become self-sufficient 8211 UN official
- LIBERIA Saturday Is African Liberation Day May 25 2013
- Liberia Pledges U.S.$ 100000 to Recovery Efforts in Mali
- NPA Boss Lied Under Oath in Assets Declaration
- Sexual Exploitation Abuse Alarming in Bomi County - INGO Reports
- Liberia Govt Silent Over Reported Sale of Japanese Donated Rice in Guinea
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- Japanese economy has begun to recover central bank
- Russias Middle Class Is Prosperous but Powerless
- A deeply disturbing attack on me
- Response to Hungary is a Test for the EU
- Patrick Chappatte Computer Piracy
- Globe Editorial Note to politicians Stop blaming the media for your problems
- Durbin strange bedfellows eye wealthy farmers subsidies
- 3 council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Daft Punk Eyeball Dance John Edward Doyle Has A Weird Wonderful Talent
- Dad Makes Video of a Ridiculous Conversation with His Kid But with a Twist
- Race Intelligence and Genetics For Curious Dummies
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- What are your training tips for hill climbs
- Secret life of climate trolls part two
- QA Last Survivor of a Dramatic World War II Rescue
- Uganda Norway Pledges Funds for Forests
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 25 killed 30 injured in suicide attacks in Niger
- London attack Hunt on for terror clues
- Londoner of Nigerian descent suspect in terror attack
- India to train 500 Nigerians in vocational skills
- Doctors Without Borders Shuts Clinic in Northern Nigeria