Nnamdi Oduamadi scored a hat-trick as Nigeria crushed a spirited Tahiti 6-1 in their Confederations Cup football Group B clash here at the Mineirao stadium. Uwa Echiejile opened the scoring Monday with a deflected long-range drive before Oduamadi danced around two defenders and coolly chipped over goalkeeper Xavier Samin, reports Xinhua. Oduamadi, AC Milan winger, then doubled his tally by ...
By Emeka Aginam The software giant, Microsoft Nigeria has formally announced the extension of its 9jApps contest deadline which originally ended on June 14, 2013 till July 19, 2013. The challenge which was launched on March this year was designed to empower local developers to take advantage of Microsoft's new tools and resources to develop locally appealing and locally-relevant apps for ...
By Ed Dove While the history books will forever record that Nigeria recorded an emphatic 6-1 victory over Tahiti to open their Confederations Cup campaign, that simple stat will never tell the story of a fascinating and engrossing contest. The reality is that the Super Eagles were wholly unimpressive yet never looked like losing a match that probably has no place at a major international ...
By Emeka Aginam TECNO Mobile on Monday in Lagos unveiled its latest Android smartphone series, Phantom A into the Nigeria market. With the new product designed to battle Samsung galaxy tab, the smart phone maker at the launch said that it was designed for users with higher demand from ...
By JONAH NWOKPOKU Sterling Bank Plc has commenced a capital raising exercise aimed at increasing its market share in the banking industry. The first step in this regard is a Rights Issue of N5, 888, 949, 162 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N2.12k per share. According to the rights circular made available at the company's completion board meeting held in Lagos, the offer is on the basis ...
Land of the Dead
George A. Romero's Land of the Dead is the fourth installment in a series of zombie films that started with 1968's landmark Night of the Living Dead, which encapsulated so perfectly the country's Vietnam-era fear that we were eating ourselves alive. Each film in the ser ... ...
By EMMA ELEBEKE Minister of Science and Technology, Prof. Ita Okon Ewa, has said that plans have been perfected to send the first Nigerian into space by 2015. This he said was part of a 25-year plan to establish Nigeria on the global map of space technology. The minister who stated this at the 2013 Ministerial Platform on Monday, also said that Nigerian universities must collaborate with ...
Nigerian Army soldiers stand as part of preparations for deployment to Mali, at the Nigerian Army peacekeeping centre in Jaji, near Kaduna on January 17, 2013. (Afolabi Sotunde/Reuters) A month after President Goodluck Jonathan imposed a state of emergency on northern Nigeria, the first eyewitness accounts are only now emerging about the Nigerian military's brutality. The state of ...
Italy - leading 2-1 after this victory that handed them a fourth title - took less than seven minutes to open the scoring with a nicely worked goal. Isco, a target for Manchester City and Real Madrid, played a neat exchange of passes with Real Madrid youngster Alvaro Morata.Morata, scorer of three goals in the tournament, got to the byline on the left side of the box and put in the perfect cross ...
MAIDUGURI, NIGERIA: Suspected Islamic militants have opened fire on students taking exams at a school in the country's troubled northeast, killing at least nine pupils in the latest violence to wrack the volatile region, witnesses said on Tuesday. Bodies of the children in their school uniforms were brought to the local morgue, according to a hospital official who insisted on anonymity ...
BY PRINCE OSUAGWU A team of IBM experts completing a month-long consulting assignment, at the weekend presented recommendations to the Lagos State Government which they believed could help ensure a more efficient flow of traffic in Lagos. Working with the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority, LAMATA, the agency responsible for developing and implementing the state's transportation ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Nnamdi Oduamadi scored a hat-trick as Nigeria crushed a spirited Tahiti 6-1 in their Confederations Cup football Group B clash here at the Mineirao stadium.
Uwa Echiejile opened the scoring Monday with a deflected long-range drive before Oduamadi danced around two defenders and coolly chipped over goalkeeper Xavier Samin, reports Xinhua.
Oduamadi, AC Milan winger, then doubled his tally by tapping in after Samin inexplicably spilled an innocuous Ahmed Musa cross.
The error seemed to spark Tahiti into action as the Pacific island minnows threatened Nigeria's defence with a series of well-crafted attacking forays.
And they were rewarded for their efforts nine minutes after halftime when Jonathan Tehau headed in Henri Caroine's corner-kick at the far post, sparking wild celebrations from Tahiti's players and officials.
But Tehau turned villain 13 minutes later, steering an Oduamadi shot into his own net.
Oduamadi then scored his third with a smart finish after Brown Ideye's cross before Echiejile completed the rout by bundling in after Musa's shot was palmed away by Samin.
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Chevron commences LNG shipment from Angola
- Soon mobiles to use bat echolocation method to map rooms
- Rose says US Open win only possible after healing of traumatic early career scars
- Saif al-Islam Gaddafi to be tried in Libya in August
- LIBERIA Opposition Party CDC Threatens To Expel ‘You Eat I Eat Minister Eat’ Lawmaker
- LIBERIA Wash Media Reports Claim Senate’s Attention
- LIBERIA Sirleaf Salutes Queen Elizabeth’s 87th Birthday
- Report Piracy in West Africa outstrips Somalia
- President Sirleaf Pleased With Ongoing Development Projects in Bomi County - Expected to Visit Bopolu and Cape Mount Next
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Turkeys economy is still strong but vulnerable
- Metals decline as traders wait for Federal Reserve
- How Is Experience Valued In the Sharing Economy
- This One Paper Explains Why Republicans Are Losing On Economics
- Timothy R. Clark Graduation advice for my daughter
- Topic of the day Iranian election results
- Learning a Lesson from Libya Iraq Reconciliation Not Revenge
- Extractive Industries A New Accountability Agenda
- Turkey Silencing the Guns – and Critics
- Couples who have premarital sex to be considered married Madras High Court
- Rep. Nadler Post-Five Month Abortion Ban ‘Morally Outrageous’
- Man wins lottery twice in 24 hours
- The Strange World of Dolphin-Assisted Therapy
- Poinciana man said he was curious about child porn
- Over 100 Chinese held for environmental pollution
- UNESCO inscribes East Rennell of Solomon Islands on list of world heritage in danger
- Prenatal exposure to chemical in plastic could lead to obesity
- UN General Assembly set to explore impacts of ocean acidification
- Country diary Wenlock Edge Could the psychedelic blueness of these bugle flowers help to heal the land
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Confederations Cup Oduamadi hat-trick sinks Tahiti
- Microsoft extends 9jApps contest for developers deadline
- Confed Cup Is NigeriaTahiti match sign of things to come
- TECNO joins Android fray with Phantom A
- Sterling Bank raises fund to increase market share