At least 25 people were killed and 30 got injured after two suicide bomb attacks Thursday at a military base and a plant run by French nuclear giant Areva in northern Niger, reported Xinhua. A total of 20 Nigerien soldiers and 5 assailants died in twin suicide attacks against a military barracks in Agadez, the main town in northern Niger, and another one at a factory owned by Somair, a ...
A Londoner of Nigerian descent was identified Thursday as one of the two suspects who decapitated a British soldier. The terror strike prompted Prime Minister David Cameron to go into a huddle with top officials and the military put in place additional security measures. Michael Adebolajo, a 28-year-old Londoner of Nigerian descent, is one of the two suspects who hacked to death the British ...
Michael Adebolajo, a 28-year-old Londoner of Nigerian descent, is one of the two suspects who hacked to death a British soldier in London, a media report said Thursday. The two terror suspects are being held under armed guard at hospitals in London and one of them has been named by Sky News sources as Adebolajo. The vicious attack on the soldier took place Wednesday in Woolwich, southeast ...
India wants increased partnership with Nigeria in education through institutional cooperation, content development, faculty exchange and joint ventures that would enhance the West African country's human resource devlopment, according to Indian High Commissioner Mahesh Sachdev. "Bilateral cooperation in education has had a proud history and remains a priority. A generation of Nigerians have ...
Nigeria will be pushing to get the Africa Union's endorsement for a non-permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council, during the 21st ordinary session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government and the AU holding in Addis Ababa, ...
As the title suggests, Richard CurtisLove Actually is, quite simply, about love. Not just your standard romantic variety of love (though there is plenty of that to be found), but also the love between friends, parents and children, brothers and sisters, and even a broken down rock star and his portly manager. In an age marked by cynicism and irony, Love Actually is unashamedly upbea ... ...
BY TONY EDIKE ENUGU-- A 65-year-old man, Mr. Felix Atta, a native of Umuonu Umuida community, Enugu Ezike in Igboeze North Local Government Area of Enugu State has allegedly been killed by his son. The alleged murderer identified as one Ejiofor Atta, according to the police, used a machete to slaughter his father for reasons yet to be known. He was said to have gone into hiding after ...
ETFs tracking a plethora of global markets closed lower. Predictably, emerging markets sagged with the Vanguard MSCI Emerging Markets ETF ...
NIAMEY, Niger (AP) -- Suicide bombers in Niger detonated two car bombs simultaneously, one inside a military camp in the city of Agadez and another in the remote town of Arlit at a French-operated uranium mine, killing 26 people and injuring 30, according to officials in Niger and France. A surviving attacker took a group of soldiers hostage, and authorities were attempting to negotiate their ...
(46 mins ago) Police in Britain made two further arrests yesterday and raided houses across London following the brutal murder of a serving soldier who survived a tour of duty in Afghanistan. Prime Minister David Cameron appealed for calm after 25-year-old Lee Rigby was butchered outside a London army barracks on Wednesday, while an extra 1,200 officers were deployed on the capital's ...
ABUJA, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Nigerian troops operating in northeast Borno State said on Saturday that 65 rebels had been apprehended so far by officers of the Special Task Force (STF). Spokesperson for the defense headquarters Brig.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja, saying the rebels were caught while attempting to infiltrate Maiduguri as they fled their various ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
At least 25 people were killed and 30 got injured after two suicide bomb attacks Thursday at a military base and a plant run by French nuclear giant Areva in northern Niger, reported Xinhua.
A total of 20 Nigerien soldiers and 5 assailants died in twin suicide attacks against a military barracks in Agadez, the main town in northern Niger, and another one at a factory owned by Somair, a subsidiary of the French group Areva in Arlit in the same region.
The attacks were announced Thursday morning by Niger's National Defence Minister Karidjo Mahamadou who issued a press statement.
There were also 30 people - 16 soldiers and 14 civilians - who were injured, a source said.
"At around 5:30 a.m, two groups of individuals armed with explosives on board Toyota 4x4, simultaneously drove into the Agadez military barracks and the factory of Somair mining company in Arlit with a firm determination to carry out attacks," as per the statement from the defence minister.
"These terrorist attacks carried out by the suicide-bombers were contained by our soldiers who, despite the heavy loss, managed to neutralize the assailants some of whom decided to blow themselves up," the minister said in the statement. ...
- UN official highlights positive trends in Africa to protect indigenous peoples rights
- DR Congo In Goma Secretary-General hails regional accord as best chance for peace in years
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- African Leaders to Meet As AU Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Retiring Kirsten hopes to go out with a bang with Proteas Champions Trophy win
- May 9th African Community Conversation An Open Community Thank You Letter
- APs Frank Timis loses $1bn as questions mount about share slump Liberias Oil Discovery In Danger
- Liberia University of Liberia Graduates Over 500 Without Visitor or Keynote Speaker
- Leave No Stone Unturned in the Fight Against HIVAids
- PUL Gives Position On Ellens Double Standard On Press Freedom in Liberia
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- Japanese economy has begun to recover central bank
- Obama nominates Senate aides to serve as SEC commissioners
- Blocking Syrian Refugees Isn’t the Way
- The case for food stamps
- Robert Redfords plea Save Bristol Bay
- Is This the Most Disgusting Atrocity Filmed in the Syrian Civil War
- Editorial Students help expand scholarship opportunities
- Cruel twist for murdered soldier
- Obama in heated exchanges with Code Pink anti-war protester
- Weird Al is at Mystic Lake in August
- Braves rookie catcher takes long strange road to major league glory
- Star Wars Lego Model Is Worlds Largest
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- Improved Models Predict Active 2013 Hurricane Season
- Pictures Top 10 Newly Discovered Species of 2012
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- Taking Cover A Guide to Tornado Shelters
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 25 killed 30 injured in suicide attacks in Niger
- London attack Hunt on for terror clues
- Londoner of Nigerian descent suspect in terror attack
- India to train 500 Nigerians in vocational skills
- Nigeria to lobby AU for UN non-permanent seat