A spokesman for Uganda's government says President Yoweri Museveni's administration will continue with investigations into a security breach despite, criticisms that it is contravening the constitution. "That is not true that the government is stifling freedom of the press or freedom of the people of Uganda,rdquo; said government spokesman Fred Opolot. "The police and the government [are] ...
Webcomics are a popular, diverse and increasingly widespread format that most people are blissfully unaware. To address this, an interview was conducted with the team behind the popular UK-based webcomic Exterminatus ...
The NT News reports.Far North Queensland keepers of the world's largest saltwater crocodile in captivity sang the old croc Happy Birthday before giving him the 20kg meat cake topped with candles."He destroyed it in about 30 seconds," Marineland Melanesia croc wrangler Billy Craig said. "It's one of the biggest meals he's had - we decided to spoil him."The 5.48m ...
LOS ANGELES ...
/enpproperty--> Unilateral actions taken by Japan since last year, including the decisions to "purchase" and "nationalize" the Diaoyu Islands, have pushed Sino-Japanese relations to their lowest point in four decades. Japan claims that the Diaoyu Islands were terra nullius before it discovered and incorporated it into the Japanese territory. But the truth is, ...
The Man in the Iron Mask
"The Man in the Iron Mask," based on the classic novel by Alexandre Dumas, is a well-made adventure film that doesn't have much adventure. It has a lot of beautiful French locations, a stunning A-list cast of actors, and technical merit oozing from every corner, but it never really grabs hold of you the way a good swashbuckling adventure should. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the ... ...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Southeast Asian nation formerly known as Burma received further backing from the White House on Monday in its campaign to be called ...
In rugby, a scrum can become a ruck with the right fend. Play starts at the gain line and moves toward the try line, unless a team opts for a Garryowen. You can be onside, offside, openside or even on the full. A drop goal -- worth three points -- is not to be confused with a drop kick, which is not to be confused with a grubber kick. Speaking of confusion, even players themselves can have ...
Decorated garden gnomes designed by celebrities are seen at the Chelsea Flower Show in London May 20, 2013. The annual show opens to the public on ...
Kanye West’s debuted a new song, ';New Slaves,'; for a mass audience on Saturday Night Live this weekend, and as an art project last ...
View Photo Reuters/Reuters - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford attends a gay rights flag raising event at Toronto City Hall May 17, 2013. REUTERS/Brett ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
After getting off the Greyhound bus I trudged through the Whistler Village to the bottom of Whistler Mountain, and there ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
There's no official figure to determine its role in the Cameroonian economy but there is evidence that the "call box" business is a booming informal business in the country's mobile telephone sector.
The informal business, practised by thousands of Cameroonians in both in the urban and rural areas, entails one getting a mobile phone and a table in an open area on a street, reports Xinhua. This is linked to the rapid growth of the mobile telephone sector in a country where the first license for mobile phone operator was given to the local subsidiary of the French operator Orange in 1999.
This activity consists of selling airtime of the three main mobile phone operators in the west-central African country.
It is commonly known as "call box" because it involves one sitting with a wooden table and a big umbrella to protect himself from the sun and rains. Besides the purchase of airtime, the customers can also make calls and pay for the charges.
From ordinary citizens to public officials, the customers vary and come from all social groupings. The business has been invaded by people of different ages, gender as well as the literate and the illiterate, all of whom are seeking for a way to escape high unemployment affecting a huge section of the 20 million Cameroonians. ...
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Gupta family acknowledges some misjudgments made in landing chartered jet at S. Africa base
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- Teen Dies of Cancer After Touching Millions With Song
- Past Differences Hamper US-Russian Efforts to Help Syria
- Liberia The Changing Face of Land Disputes
- Spirit of Jealousy Envy Major Challenge in Liberia Says Departing IA Minister
- Daniel Chea Breaks Silence on Losing Complaints Fraud Allegations Against NEC
- ‘Becoming Human Again’ Liberia’s Fistula Survivors Share Stories of Redemption
- Recalling a Great Life Reactions Pouring in for Late Archbishop Michael Francis
- Robert J. Samuelson Can Americans stem future increases in health care spending
- Letters The buck stops here
- My view Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters Government health care
- Letters Beware slippery slope
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- The wonderfully weird world of webcomics | Dean Burnett
- Dead chickens for 110th birthday
- Op-Ed Contributor The Outrageous Cost of a Gene Test
- True history of Diaoyu Islands
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- Lindsay Lohan struggles in rehab
- Discarded kidneys could be recycled to produce replacement organs
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- Banned Pak cricketer Mohd Asif yet to give consent to PCBs anti-corruption rehab program
- Dubai makes $350 million off the environment
- UBD To Plant Trees For Green Wave Campaign
- Why Did Penguins Stop Flying The Answer Is Evolutionary
- A Tornado Chaser Talks About His Science and Craft
- 7-Eleven finds convenient business environment
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ferguson wins managers’ award
- Shares you should buy
- Jonathan Plots NGF Election in Villa
- Rainstorm Destroys Over 70 Houses in Katsina Adamawa
- Africa Visit - Again Obama Skips Nigeria