Gunmen, Thursday night attacked two police stations and four banks in Daura town, carting away millions of naira and a number of weapons. JTF spokesperson, Capt Ikedichi Iweha, confirmed that four of the attackers were killed by soldiers and three soldiers were also killed in the attack. Iweha said soldiers who repelled the assailants had recovered 11 AK-47 rifles, 393 rounds of different ...
The Federal High Court in Osogbo, Osun State yesterday convicted an Osogbo bread baker, Mr. Afolabi Nurudeen for obstructing officials of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) while performing their duties. Afolabi was arraigned before the court on 12th of May, 2011. According to the charge sheet, Afolabi committed an offence under Section 25(1) of the ...
Nigeria's army has vowed to continue its offensive against militants in the north-east "as long as it takes" to achieve its main objectives. Brig Gen Chris Olukolade told the BBC the aim was to assert Nigeria's "territorial integrity as a nation". Earlier, a 24-hour curfew was imposed in parts of the city of Maiduguri, where the military said it had arrested 65 ...
Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to establish a free trade zone in the country's southeast geo-political zone to boost economic activities in the area.The Nigerian leader made the promise at the ground-breaking ceremony of the international wing of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu on Saturday.The president, who noted that a free trade zone would only be ...
Nigerian troops operating in northeast Borno State said on Saturday that 65 rebels had been apprehended so far by officers of the Special Task Force (STF).Spokesperson for the defense headquarters Brig.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja, saying the rebels were caught while attempting to infiltrate Maiduguri as they fled their various camps now under attack.The ...
Steve McQueens Shame, which depicts the soulless exploits of a sexually addicted Manhattanite, simultaneously raises two paradoxical questions: How much is too much and how little is too little? The first question revolves around the films depiction of abject sexuality, which is explicit enou ... ...
By LAWANI MIKAIRU The national leadership of the Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners , NARTO, has appealed to Petrol Tankers Drivers, PTD, branch of the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas, NUPENG, to shelve its planned nationwide strike due to commence on 23 May. . PTD leadership had given NARTO a two-week ultimatum ,starting from 9th May, that all their members nationwide ...
By Ben Agande, Kingsley Omonobi, Ndahi Marama, Tony Nwankwo *Residents flee air raids *Northern govs plead: Avoid civilian casualty The military, yesterday, extended the curfew in some parts of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, to 24 hours, in continuation of the emergency rule imposed on the state alongside Yobe and Adamawa States, on Tuesday, to curb Boko Haram insurgent activities. ...
By Henry Umoru MOVED by poor supply of electricity in the country, the Senate has summoned the Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, Minister of State, Hajia Zainab Kuchi, and the Permanent Secretary, Ambassador Godknows Igali, to appear before its Committee on Power on Tuesday to explain why the problem has remained unabated. Also to appear before the Senator Philip Aduda, PDP, FCT, led ...
By CHIDI NKWOPARA Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Okigwe South, Rt. Rev. David Onuoha, has expressed worry over what he termed "the serious threat corruption is posing to our corporate existence as a nation". Rt. Rev. Onuoha made the lamentation in his address at the second session of the seventh synod of the diocese held at Saint Matthew's Church, Umuezeala Nsu, Ehime Mbano ...
Political leaders of the South-East, Saturday, listed the demands of the geo-political zone from the Federal Government to include the Second Niger Bridge, due attention to roads and solution to ecological problems. The leaders spoke while welcoming President Goodluck Jonathan, who was visiting the South-East, to Enugu, the capital of Enugu State. The Igbo leaders spoke through Governor Peter ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
An Indian team comprising IITians and a Nigerian team promoting low-cost farm products have triumphed at an India-Africa business competition held here.
India's Life Catalyst Technologies and Nigeria's Jorsey Ashbel Farms won the 2nd Indiafrica Business Venture Competition held as part of the ongoing IndiAfrica Festival here, a statement from the organisers said Saturday.
Four teams from India, two from Nigeria and one each from South Africa and Kenya made their final presentations before a grand jury comprising professionals from Africa and India at the University of the Witwatersrand.
While the Jorsey Ashbel Farms team was represented by Blessing Oritseweyinmi, the team of Life Catalyst Technologies was represented by Sagar Laygude. Both will travel to Davos with the IdeaWorks team during the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in January 2014 to share their plans with CEOs and investors from all over the world, the statement added.
The team from Nigeria presented a plan of selling "affordable, culturally suitable and healthy livestock products" that can potentially improve the health conditions of underprivileged sections of the Nigerian population.
They have developed a unique alternative source of feeds by using mango seeds, which enable them to produce livestock products at a cost that is 40-60 percent cheaper than regular farms. ...
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Pope Church Must Help Poorest Not Dissect Theology
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- Amla not surprised at Kirstens decision to step down as coach
- Proteas icon Ntini not planning to retire despite cut from first class Warriors
- African-American Faithfuls Others Rally at State Capitol to Shape Justice Bill
- Minnesota-Based Pro-USA Awards Sports Training Scholarships to Minority Youth
- African Community Minority Groups Hold Civic Engagement Conversation April 11 in Minnesota
- DRC FPP and partners launch pioneering book on Indigenous Peoples and Free
- LIBERIA French Company And Liberian Owned Catering Company Signed Agreement
- WLOX Editorial Prepare South Mississippi
- Letter Death camp contrast Why the silence on Soviet Union camps
- Letter Investigate all levels from Swallow to the Obama administration
- Letter Labeling all exotic animals as dangerous is extreme
- Robin Abcarian Military sexual assaults were supposed to end
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida
- True primary contests are rare in region
- Yeah good idea just put me in the closet
- The perfect childrens film a Western with aliens Moses and true love Few things inspire children more than movies so what are the favourite childhood films of actors directors and producers at the Cinemagic festival
- 10000 turn out in Adelaide to show their true colours for charity
- Chronic trauma can inflict lasting damage to brain
- George Michael out of hospital
- George Michael discharged from hospital following rush hour car crash
- Ayurveda comes up with an online personalized health regimen
- N.C. Commissioner Goodwin Seeking Apology Over Health Official’s Remark
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- Science promises strawberry fields forever
- Green Deal debt may have to be repaid before property sold
- Lauren Laverne on fashion shopping with a conscience
- Mississippians join international environmental movement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nigeria Gunmen Attack Police Stations Banks in Daura
- Baker Convicted for Obstructing NAFDAC
- Nigeria army says crackdown to go on
- Nigerian president pledges to set up free trade
- Nigerian troops arrest 65 rebels in northeast state