BEIJING - Chinese regulators Friday announced that they have signed a memorandum of understanding with their US counterparts giving American authorities increased access to documents from Chinese audit firms. The signing of the MOU between China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC), the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is a significant ...
ZAGREB/LONDON - Croatia, soon to become the 28th member of the European Union,- is looking to undiscovered oil and gas fields in the Adriatic Sea to revive its ailing economy, according to the country's president. Ivo Josipovic told CNN that Croatia is searching for partners in the energy sector to help reveal oil and gas "green fields" in the waters that separate the Balkan nations and ...
LONDON - In a critique of the United Kingdom's austerity programme, the International Monetary Fund Wednesday urged the Europe's third largest economy to rebalance the policy to make the transition to a high-investment and more export-oriented economy. "The UK could boost growth by bringing forward measures already included in its fiscal plan, such as spending on infrastructure and job ...
Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt and director of Google Ideas Jared Cohen have warned London School of Economics students against censorship on the internet and the dangers that 'digital ethnic cleansing' pose. Sky News quoted Schmidt, as saying that people will omit data if they want to restrict communication and information. He, however, agreed that any piece of information cannot be ...
USA Today ) Roosevelt Institute Chief Economist Joseph Stiglitz says he backs Elizabeth Warren's plan to let students borrow at the same discount rate as banks because student debt is holding back our economy, especially compared to countries that are actually doing something about it. Roosevelt Take: The Roosevelt Institute | Campus Network's policy ...
Lucky Number Slevin
Warning: The following review contains major spoilers. Proceed at your own risk if you have not already seen the film. A major twist--no, the major twist--in Lucky Number Slevin relies entirely on the audience assuming that a long-winded story told near ... ...
Tourists pose in front of the Tantalus range mountains at a scenic spot along the Sky-To-Sky Highway north of Sqamish. Tourism accounts for about 126,700 direct jobs in British Columbia, and in 2011, the industry generated $13.4 billion in revenue, an increase of 1.4 per cent from the previous ...
China will steadily push forward market-oriented reform in its interest rates and exchange rates mechanisms this year, a central bank report said on Friday.The central bank, or the People's Bank of China, has pledged to further optimize the credit structure to allow the financial sector to better serve the real economy, according to the report on China's financial stability.It calls ...
Despite a near-constant flow of customers at its Huntington Beach storefront, Patient Med Aid struggles with many of the most basic business tasks. It can't accept credit or debit cards for customer transactions. It has to pay vendors in cash. It uses cashier's checks to pay its taxes. The newly opened medical marijuana dispensary, like many clinics in the controversial industry, has ...
Influential U.S. Senator Carl Levin holds up his own Apple iPhone on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, May 21, 2013, as he presses Apple CEO Tim Cook for answers about how Apple, the world's most valuable company, diverts a billion dollars to an Irish subsidiary as a tax strategy, according to a report issued this week by a Senate subcommittee. (J. Scott ...
RBC CEO Gordon Nixon wrote a public letter in April in which he apologized to employees affected by the outsourcing decision. (KEVIN VAN PAASSEN/THE GLOBE AND ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Stamford Sydney Airport, Australia
The Stamford is the most imposing, and the highest rating of the Sydney Airport hotels. Neighbouring the domestic terminals are ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Ethiopia for security talks with regional officials and to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the African Union.
Kerry's visit is expected to include talks on African and Western efforts to fight Islamist extremists in Mali and northern Nigeria.
During recent talks with Nigeria's foreign minister, Kerry reaffirmed U.S. support for Nigeria's fight against Boko Haram militants in the north, where a state of emergency has been declared.
In Mali, French troops are winding up an offensive against Islamist fighters who had seized control of the north. Analysts say the U.S. is looking to help provide counterinsurgency training to regional forces who are taking over.
Kerry will join African leaders and other foreign dignitaries Saturday at an AU summit that will celebrate 50 years of the pan-African organization, originally called the Organization of African Unity.
Kerry also will likely discuss violence along the fragile and undecided border of Sudan and South Sudan, where human rights groups have warned that outlawed militant groups are taking advantage of the instability.
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- Retiring Kirsten says two-in-one Kallis absence to leave huge void in Proteas squad
- Kerry in Ethiopia for Security Talks
- Obama Urges Military to Stamp Out Sexual Assaults
- Angry Proteas fans slams arrogant Brit coach for Anderson more skilful than Steyn claim
- Attacks in Niger Underline a Spread of Islamist Extremist Groups in West Africa
- North African jihadists widen their war
- President Sirleaf Inaugurates 600-Meter Marginal Quay At Freeport of Monrovia
- Ellen Cautions Individuals Over Owning Vast Underdeveloped Land
- At LWSC - U.S.$125000 West Point Water Project Consume
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Economics Daily Digest The real debt crisis
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Giving up on terror
- Week In Politics Obama And Drone Strikes
- A next-generation model for MinnesotaCare
- Editorial I-5 bridge collapse should prompt focus on maintenance
- Whose cat is beautiful Chechen leader vs TV celebrity
- Bizarre twist links October murder November suicide
- Madrids Catholic Church says it needs exorcists
- Know What Important Ruling Made This Week Affects German Beer Take The Fark Weird News Quiz
- Bruins Tuukka Rask Loses Balance But Keeps Sense of Humor
- British Security Services Scrutinized After Soldiers Murder
- Boys stem cells successfully treat cerebral palsy
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Xi pledges to safeguard the environment
- Top 10 coastal hikes in California and the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Move ahead with environmental study on coal trains
- How To Be A Real Leader - Even When Youre In A Fake Environment
- Woman trapped as car hits trees
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Kerry in Ethiopia for Security Talks
- Nigeria rescues women children held by Boko Haram
- Achebe Anambra govt commends Jonathan Mahama others
- Militant Says He Is Behind Fatal Niger Attack
- Our efforts to woo Mimiko back to PDP – Adegoke