Space imaging studies have revealed over 10 new oil deposits in Krasnoyarsk territory in Siberia, a scientist said. "The method of space imaging quantum-optical filtration allows us to identify the boundaries of deposits," said Valery Rostovtsev, associate professor of Tomsk Polytechnic University's geology and prospecting department. "We can see four deposits near Bely Yar in the Tomsk ...
22 May 2013 150 Unless greater efforts are made to reverse current trends, the world will run out of freshwater, the United Nations said today marking the International Day for Biological Diversity and urging stronger scientific alliances to understand and protect natural resources. "We live in an increasingly water insecure world where demand often outstrips supply and where water quality ...
Laura Fernee, who lives in Notting Hill, says her good looks are so powerful they are ruining her life and have forced her to quit her job because of sleazy men and jealous ...
An X-47B pilot-less drone combat aircraft is launched for the first time off an aircraft carrier, the USS George H. W. Bush, in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Virginia, May 14, ...
By Tariq Malik, Space.com The first trailer for the science-fiction film "Europa Report" has been launched onto the Internet, and it just might be the most realistic - and harrowing - depiction of space travel on the big screen in years.In ...
Cloverfield is not so much a reinvention of the marauding-monster movie as it is a riff on its possibilities--a fascinating and largely successful experiment in the manipulation of cinematic perspective. The already tired description of the film as Godzilla meets The Bla ... ...
WASHINGTON - An Army sergeant at the U.S. Military Academy has been accused of videotaping female cadets in the showers a West Point, a defence official said on Wednesday, the latest in a series of sex-related incidents that has rocked the armed forces. Sergeant First Class Michael McClendon was charged last week with four violations of U.S. military law in connection with the incident and has ...
Former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco has been accused of sexual assault, Las Vegas police said Wednesday. Police said they contacted Canseco during the morning and he had agreed to be interviewed, the Las Vegas Sun reported. The questioning had yet to take place. Canseco, 48, who lives in Las Vegas, clubbed 462 home runs, was a six-time all-star and won two World Series ...
. Another "Star Trek" film just hit the screen - featuring the venerable Starship Enterprise. To enable such fantastical star flight, we need faster-than-light (FTL) flight, control over inertial and gravitational forces, extreme energy prowess, and the societal discipline to harness that much power safely. Between the sensationalistic hype and pedantic disdain, how much progress is ...
Hundreds of meteoroid impacts on the moon, detected by NASA's lunar monitoring program, are pictured in this undated NASA handout photo. The brightest, detected on March 17, 2013, in Mare Imbrium, is marked by the red square. The explosion on March 17 was the biggest seen since NASA began watching the moon for meteoroid impacts about eight years ago. So far, more than 300 strikes have been ...
Gigya just grabbed more space for growth. The company is adding 6,000 square feet to its existing home at 2513 East Charleston Road in Mountain View, pumping the company's space up to 18,500 square feet. Just nine months ago, the company was sitting in 5,500 square feet at 1973 Landings Drive in Mountain View. Gigya is a social infrastructure provider -- essentially, it helps businesses ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency Islandia on San Diego's Mission Bay
Taking Highway 5 north of downtown San Diego, and exiting about 6 miles up on 8 West I soon came ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A court in Malaysia has sentenced two Indian-origin men to separate jail terms for brutally assaulting a Nigerian that led to his death.
Judge Noor Azian Shaari of the high court in Shah Alam, the capital of the Malaysian state of Selangor, sentenced V. Ganesan, 29, to one year in jail and T. Kumar, 29, to seven years in jail for causing grievous injuries to Nwabudike Emmanuel Chukwuma that led to his death in April last year, the New Straits Times reported Wednesday.
According to the report, the perpetrators of the crime had accused the Nigerian of cheating them and had gone to the latter's home in Taman Puncak Jalil township in Selangor at 2.30 a.m. April 23 last year.
After a heated argument, Kumar punched Chukwuma on his body, face and head. He then dragged the victim to the road outside and kicked him there as well.
Ganesan punched and kicked Chukwuma twice.
The duo were arrested after neighbours of Chukwuma alerted the police.
Chukwuma was taken to a hospital where he died two days later.
In the ruling, the judge said that the two should not have taken the law into their own hands and ordered that they serve their respective jail terms from the date they were arrested, April 23, 2012.
- International community must help Darfur become self-sufficient 8211 UN official
- Obama Speech Attempts to Fulfill Pledges For More Transparency
- World motorsport chief to visit Botswana
- Uganda signs new national football coach
- Indian vice president visit to Ethiopia
- CJL Holds Human Rights Conference on Liberia in Minnesota
- University of Liberia Graduates Over 500 Without Visitor or Keynote Speaker
- Expecting More From Liberian Govt Global Witness Presses GOL to Act on Audits
- Liberia Road to Peace Prosperity
- Defaults in Labor Law Decent Work Bill
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Free Market Reforms Needed to Fix Venezuelas Socialist Economic Problems
- Letters Stories From Moore Okla.
- House gets cold shoulder
- Tim takes his leave
- St. Paul Saints mandatory smoking section
- Bipartisanship at the Minnesota Legislature Believe it
- UK mum does house chores in her sleep
- Surgery to remove 1.8kg furball
- M16 Had Secret D-Day Hit List Records Reveal
- Surgeons remove tigers basketball-sized hairball
- Strange calls for special prosecutor in IRS case
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Environmental groups oppose $15-million coal shipment plans
- Tornado touched down in Kawartha Lakes Environment Canada confirms
- 300 Trees Planted At UBD As University Embraces Green Wave
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Indian-origin men jailed in Malaysia
- Chinua Achebe 1930 – 2013
- Chinua Achebe set for hometown burial in Nigeria
- Abolish al-majiri system Mark tells Northern Govs
- Judicial cleansing I won’t entertain baseless petition against judges – CJN