Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt and director of Google Ideas Jared Cohen have warned London School of Economics students against censorship on the internet and the dangers that 'digital ethnic cleansing' pose. Sky News quoted Schmidt, as saying that people will omit data if they want to restrict communication and information. He, however, agreed that any piece of information cannot be ...
(Credit: Intel) How serious is Intel about battery life on its next processor? Very. On Thursday, the world's largest chipmaker hauled out two chip experts to brief journalists on how Intel's fourth-generation core processor, aka Haswell, reduces power consumption and boosts battery life. Intel is claiming a 50 percent improvement in battery life for devices using Haswell ...
This week on Crave, NASA wants to 3D-print a pizza, and one man plays the guitar during his own brain surgery while another captures a terrifying BASE drive with his helmet ...
(Credit: Sarah Tew/CNET) The HTC One will indeed get the Nexus treatment. HTC will sell a Google Edition version of its flagship One smartphone with the ...
How much would you pay to get locked in a spaceship with DiCaprio? At an auction to benefit AIDS research, a man buys three days of training and a trip to suborbital space with the "Gatsby" ...
Lucky Number Slevin
Warning: The following review contains major spoilers. Proceed at your own risk if you have not already seen the film. A major twist--no, the major twist--in Lucky Number Slevin relies entirely on the audience assuming that a long-winded story told near ... ...
LOS ANGELES - A person with direct knowledge of Hulu says the video site is again up for sale, with Yahoo and pay TV operators DirecTV and Time Warner Cable among the seven bidders.The person wasn't authorized to speak publicly and spoke Friday on condition of anonymity, after several news outlets reported on the bidding.The person didn't offer details on the prices offered. Published ...
Fri May 24, 2013 5:51pm EDT (Reuters) - Google Inc intends to finance, build and help operate wireless networks from sub-Saharan Africa to Southeast Asia, hoping to connect a billion or so people in emerging countries to the Internet, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday. The Internet search giant - which has for years espoused universal Web access - is employing a patchwork quilt of ...
This undated publicity photo released by Netflix shows David Cross, left, and Portia de Rossi in a scene from "Arrested Development," premiering May 26, 2013 on Netflix. The sitcom, also starring Jason Bateman and Will Arnett, was canceled by Fox in 2006 after three ...
AAPL ) CEO Tim Cook is scheduled to be the opening night speaker at the annual D: All Things Digital conference, an invitation-only event that prides itself in assembling the people that really matter in the world of high ...
Xbox One unveiling Tuesday, gamers have wondered how Microsoft will handle the resale of used games for the system. In the absence of a clear answer, speculation and rumors have flooded the Web. Microsoft is now telling gamers that the speculation and rumors aren't true. But it's not saying what the new policy will ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Stamford Sydney Airport, Australia
The Stamford is the most imposing, and the highest rating of the Sydney Airport hotels. Neighbouring the domestic terminals are ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Nigeria SunNigeria Sun –Nigeria News Online
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Nigeria Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Nigerian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Nigerian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Nigeria news, the weather forecast for Nigeria you'll find it all in the Nigeria Sun.
From Ngurtuwa to Lagos, the Nigeria Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Ethiopia for security talks with regional officials and to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the African Union.
Kerry's visit is expected to include talks on African and Western efforts to fight Islamist extremists in Mali and northern Nigeria.
During recent talks with Nigeria's foreign minister, Kerry reaffirmed U.S. support for Nigeria's fight against Boko Haram militants in the north, where a state of emergency has been declared.
In Mali, French troops are winding up an offensive against Islamist fighters who had seized control of the north. Analysts say the U.S. is looking to help provide counterinsurgency training to regional forces who are taking over.
Kerry will join African leaders and other foreign dignitaries Saturday at an AU summit that will celebrate 50 years of the pan-African organization, originally called the Organization of African Unity.
Kerry also will likely discuss violence along the fragile and undecided border of Sudan and South Sudan, where human rights groups have warned that outlawed militant groups are taking advantage of the instability.
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- Kerry in Ethiopia for Security Talks
- Obama Urges Military to Stamp Out Sexual Assaults
- Angry Proteas fans slams arrogant Brit coach for Anderson more skilful than Steyn claim
- Soldiers Place US Flags in Arlington Cemetery for Memorial Day
- Attacks in Niger Underline a Spread of Islamist Extremist Groups in West Africa
- North African jihadists widen their war
- President Sirleaf Inaugurates 600-Meter Marginal Quay At Freeport of Monrovia
- Ellen Cautions Individuals Over Owning Vast Underdeveloped Land
- At LWSC - U.S.$125000 West Point Water Project Consume
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Depression symptoms of Huntingtons disease prevented in mice
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Week In Politics Obama And Drone Strikes
- A next-generation model for MinnesotaCare
- Editorial I-5 bridge collapse should prompt focus on maintenance
- Keep drones in the air as long as terrorists target U.S.
- Whose cat is beautiful Chechen leader vs TV celebrity
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Madrids Catholic Church says it needs exorcists
- Know What Important Ruling Made This Week Affects German Beer Take The Fark Weird News Quiz
- Bruins Tuukka Rask Loses Balance But Keeps Sense of Humor
- British Security Services Scrutinized After Soldiers Murder
- Boys stem cells successfully treat cerebral palsy
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Xi pledges to safeguard the environment
- Top 10 coastal hikes in California and the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Move ahead with environmental study on coal trains
- How To Be A Real Leader - Even When Youre In A Fake Environment
- Woman trapped as car hits trees
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nigeria Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Kerry in Ethiopia for Security Talks
- Nigeria rescues women children held by Boko Haram
- Achebe Anambra govt commends Jonathan Mahama others
- Militant Says He Is Behind Fatal Niger Attack
- Our efforts to woo Mimiko back to PDP – Adegoke